Provide general office support with a variety of administrative activities: responsibilities include answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff, greeting staff and guests, and completing a range of administrative tasks. Standard working hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Demonstrate a welcoming presence and provide positive experiences for all employees, visitors, and vendors, in person and over the phone;
- Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of their business, announce visitors to appropriate staff members, and ensure that visitors are comfortable while waiting;
- Manage the organization’s switchboard: answer incoming telephone calls, determine nature of calls, and forward calls to appropriate staff member or department;
- Deliver messages or transfer calls to voice mail when appropriate staff members are unavailable;
- Provide general UHF information to callers on events, meetings, publications, directions to the office, and other related information;
- Enter visitor names into building management system and verify with staff when guests are requesting access to our office;
- Handle check-in process for special program meetings and events and assist at special events as directed;
- Greet couriers, receive deliveries and monitor outgoing packages, maintain delivery log of packages entering and leaving the office, and send deliveries to the appropriate staff or area;
- Assist with mailings, data entry, scheduling and preparing for meetings, and maintaining various calendars;
- Order supplies, complete purchase orders and check requisitions for payment and reimbursements for Administration;
- Act as greeter for all six Board of Directors meetings, which run past 5:00 pm, in addition to other after-work-hours meetings as requested;
- Help maintain a safe and secure work environment by alerting Support Services and Human Resources staff to any suspicious packages, visitors, and/or observable behaviors;
- Keep reception area clean, neat, and orderly;
- Maintain an updated copy of the Reception Procedural Manual and provide an informative list of tasks for back-up or temporary receptionists;
- Assist with other clerical duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High school diploma with two or more years of previous receptionist and administrative work experience; experience working a multi-line switchboard required.
Key Skills and Traits:
Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to greet and properly assist callers, visitors, and staff. Must have a professional and welcoming demeanor at all times. Excellent communication skills, with an interest in being part of a committed team of professionals. Strong administrative and general office skills including filing, meeting management, and scheduling of calendars; strong PC skills, including MS Office Suite, Outlook, and data entry. Candidates must be able to work independently, organize and prioritize work. This position requires someone who is punctual, reliable, consistent, and willing to support the organization as a whole. Must be able to adjust to unexpected changes and accommodate last-minute projects. Must demonstrate sound judgment.
United Hospital Fund offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, combined with generous benefits including health, dental, voluntary vision, life, and disability insurance; a tax-deferred annuity savings plan; paid time off; a commuting subsidy; collegial environment with a good “work/life” balance.
United Hospital Fund is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that values workplace diversity.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000
To apply: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter, noting “Receptionist” in the subject line of your e-mail, to: [email protected].