Payroll and Accounts Payable Associate
Reporting to the Controller, responsible for processing the bi-weekly employee payroll and weekly accounts payable, as well as filing and providing support to the Business Office.
- Prepare and process the bi-weekly payroll for approximately 50 employees, using Paychex, in a timely and accurate manner;
- Handle all aspects of the weekly accounts payable process, including:
- Entering invoices/purchase orders,
- Ensuring that documentation is complete and accurate with regard to pricing, authorizations, and account coding,
- Printing checks (approximately 20/week) and obtaining appropriate signatures on checks,
- Maintaining vendor files;
- Respond to payroll and accounts payable inquiries in a timely and courteous manner;
- Review employee expense reports to ensure that documentation is complete, accurate, and compliant with UHF policy;
- Prepare the general ledger entry, on a monthly basis, for petty cash and corporate credit cards, and distribute credit card expense reports to area supervisors;
- Participate in the preparation of monthly analyses and year-end audit tasks;
- Assist in other business office initiatives as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience:
At least 2 years of experience processing full cycle payroll and accounts payable. High school diploma required.
Key Skills and Traits:
Proficiency using Paychex payroll system and MS Office required. Knowledge preferred of Blackbaud Financial Edge computerized accounting systems.
Must be detail oriented, with excellent organizational skills, the ability to multitask, the ability to work with a team as well as independently, solid communication skills (oral and written), and a strong customer service-oriented focus. Must be a forward thinker with concrete problem-solving skills.
United Hospital Fund offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, combined with generous benefits including health, dental, voluntary vision, life, and disability insurance; a tax-deferred annuity savings plan; paid time off; a commuting subsidy; collegial environment with a good “work/life” balance.
United Hospital Fund is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that values workplace diversity.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000
To apply: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter, noting “Payroll and Accounts Payable Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail, to: [email protected].