Make a Difference
....DONATE NOW »
Your Gift Will Help to:
- Improve the quality and safety of patient care in hospitals.
- Redesign care for the elderly and for high-cost patients with multiple chronic conditions.
- Involve and support family caregivers as essential members of the health care team.
- Strengthen New York’s Medicaid program, which cares for the most needy New Yorkers.
- Maximize affordable insurance coverage and expand coverage to the uninsured.
- Pioneer innovation to ensure a high-performing health care system.
The Fund’s Approach to Innovation and Improvement
- Define problems with accurate data and independent analysis
- Identify core issues and opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Convene stakeholders to build consensus and understanding
- Test, or help others test, proposed solutions and new ideas
- Promote workable new approaches and public policy to drive real change and innovation
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the mission of United Hospital Fund?
A. UHF works to build a more effective health care system for every New Yorker. An independent, nonprofit organization, we analyze public policy to inform decision-makers, find common ground among diverse stakeholders, and develop and support innovative programs that improve the quality, accessibility, affordability, and experience of patient care.
Help Shape Positive Change
United Hospital Fund depends on generous individuals, foundations, and corporations to support our work to achieve affordable, accessible, high quality health care for all New Yorkers, especially the most vulnerable. Our annual Campaign for a Healthier New York helps fund current initiatives aimed at solving some of the most important challenges facing hospitals and health care.
UHF's special role is to shape positive change in New York’s health care. Better health care is not more expensive health care—it is the right care, at the right time, provided in the right way. Our Annual Report provides a detailed look at our accomplishments over the past year.
As a participant in the Better Business Bureau Charity Seal program, UHF has met all 20 of the National Standards for Charity Accountability. Those standards evaluate nonprofit organizations’ financial accountability, governance and oversight, effectiveness measures, and fundraising and informational materials. Information about UHF’s goals, strategies, and progress measures is available online, consistent with our commitment to accountability and transparency.
Thanks to past generations of donors who generously remembered United Hospital Fund through bequests, we have $81.6 million in unrestricted endowment funds as of February 28, 2015, which partially support our annual operating budget of $11.9 million and help ensure our independent leadership role now and for generations to come.
Giving online is safe and secure. To mail your donation, print this form. You can also support UHF through bequests and other planned gifts, gifts of stock, tribute gifts, memorial gifts, matching gifts, and special events.
United Hospital Fund is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization (federal I.D. number 13-1562656). Our most recent financial filings are available for review.
For assistance with your donation to UHF’s Campaign for a Healthier New York, or other giving options, please contact Rosalie Chandler, development associate, at 212-494-0724 or [email protected]. Thank you for your support!
United Hospital Fund
1411 Broadway, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10018-3496