New York City Community Health Atlas, 2002
The New York City Community Health Atlas presents two pages of data for each of New York City's 41 neighborhoods, including:
- population by age and by gender, racial/ethnic group, and immigration status;
- income level by age;
- Medicaid enrollment by age;
- births (total, percent preterm, percent low birthweight, percent very low birthweight, infant mortality, neonatal mortality, late/no prenatal care, mother's marital status);
- leading causes of death by gender and by age;
- physician availability;
- AIDS rates;
- cases of late diagnosis of cancer;
- hospital admissions for selected diagnostic categories;
- preventable hospitalizations for ambulatory care sensitive conditions; and
- hospitalizations by age and payor.
Resources for family caregivers and health care providers are available at our Next Step in Care website.