Health Care Finances
New York’s health system is experimenting with accountable care. Read how accountable care organizations (ACOs) work, the kinds of groups that can enter into accountable care contracts, the challenges they face, and the ways in which they will be able to succeed.Learn More »
- Building a More Effective Health Care System for Every New Yorker
- Moving Toward Accountable Care in New York
- Time and Again: Frequent Users of Emergency Department Services in New York City
- Hospital Watch Vital Signs, November 2011
- The Patient-Centered Medical Home: Taking a Model to Scale in New York State
The United Hospital Fund is a trusted source of information on the effect of market forces and public policies on the city’s hospitals and community health centers, and on the New Yorkers who rely on those facilities.
The Fund provides policymakers, health care providers, and the public at large with in-depth, impartial analyses of health care costs, service use, financing, and payment systems, devoting special attention to the impact on low-income and uninsured New Yorkers and on the safety-net providers who care for them.
Contact: David Gould
Resources for family caregivers and health care providers are available at our Next Step in Care website.